Saturday, March 29, 2008

Of Sunsets and Heart-rending Romance

There are few places I’ve been to that really took my breath away. One was in Nogas Island on Antique, Panay Island, and the other was a magical moment, one afternoon on Greenbelt, walking through the beautiful, though man-made garden in the heart of the Greenbelt group of malls.

Okay, the Greenbelt part was cheesy, but to me it was magical nonetheless. But what if I told you that there is a place on earth, with sunsets as surreal as these:

ploning

ploning

ploning

ploning


My heart ached to go to Cuyo Island, the moment I saw the beauty of the Cuyo Island sunsets.

For the Ploning cast to behold this every afternoon of their stay there, I believe they must have beheld heaven on earth. What more for the humble folk of Cuyo, who can look at these and marvel, every day of their lives.

When I was in Mandaluyong, I lived for these:


Compared to Cuyo sunsets, my Mandaluyong sunrises paled in photographic comparison to those in Cuyo! My experiences with sunrises in Mandaluyong were nothing short of ethereal, but I'm asking myself how much more I would be praising God if I were in the midst of all that splendor in Cuyo..

Though I know I would never exchange the convenience of being around malls with free WiFi, Cable Internet, and the range of shopping choices that I have in Manila, I’d give, well, not half of what I own, neither an arm and a leg, but I surely would ache to experience sunsets like these for at least a month of my lifetime.

Wish I had the opportunity to charter a plane straight to Cuyo, like Juday did, for Ploning. But as it is, I can surely pray that someday, I shall behold the beauty that is Cuyo Island.

A heart-rending story, a beauteous setting. What more could your senses ask of a movie?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the place, also the songs and the story.